The Gestational Carrier's Guide to Preparing to Apply for an ACA Policy
First, thank you for taking the steps to become a Gestational Carrier and helping Intended Parents across the globe realize their dreams of building a family! Your selflessness is admirable, and we are looking forward to working with you to secure insurance for your upcoming surrogacy journey. Our staff at ART Risk is working diligently to ensure that the application process is seamless and smooth for you.
Listed below is some important information so that you understand the process of applying for an ACA insurance plan during Open Enrollment.
- Our insurance agents will work with your agency and/or Intended Parents to confirm which ACA insurance policy is available in your geographical area and best suits the individual needs for your journey.
- Once a policy has been decided upon, one of our ART Risk team members will reach out to you via phone, text, and/or email to schedule an application appointment. The application appointment will take approximately 20-30 minutes and must be scheduled within 72 hours of our team initially contacting you. Our team members will need to confirm and collect a few pieces of your personal information prior to the appointment with the purpose of making sure your scheduled appointment runs as smoothly as possible.
- Appointments are scheduled between 7am – 6pm Pacific Time (Monday-Friday) and 7am-3pm (Saturdays). We will work with you to determine a time that works for our agents’ availability and your personal schedule.
- After your appointment has been scheduled, it is important it is not missed. Because of the number of people, we will be applying during the strict Open Enrollment period, we cannot guarantee new appointment times should your assigned time be missed.
- Prior to your appointment, check with your agency to see who is responsible for the first month’s premium payment. Funds must be available on the day of the application appointment.
- On appointment day:
- Please set reminders in your phone and be available at your scheduled time.
- One of our ART Risk insurance agents will call you to complete the application over the phone at your scheduled appointment time.
- After the application is completed (approx. 20-30 minute process), you will receive a confirmation email with all of the insurance information within 24-48 hours of the appointment date. If you do not receive this, please reach out to our office (email: email@example.com or phone: 1-661-257-6242) to request the email be sent again.
- Within the confirmation email, it will state when your new policy takes effect. Prior to the effective date, you will be receiving your insurance member ID card and monthly premium information in the mail directly from the insurance carrier.
- Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to your agency or our office. We would be happy to assist you.